IndexedDB manager

Question

• Hello

Is there a tool where i can see created IndexedDB  databases (from Metro apps) on my machine en remove them?

regards

Dieter

Sunday, March 25, 2012 9:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can use the Caches and databases dialog in IE 10 to remove individual databases.  Alternatively, you can remove all databases using the Delete Browsing History dialog to select the “Cookies and Web site data” checkbox.

Otherwise, when user remove a Metro Style App, the related data in the app’s IndexedDB database will be automatically deleted during the uninstall process.

Please refer to http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2012/03/21/indexeddb-updates-for-ie10-and-metro-style-apps.aspx for more details.

Best wishes,

Robin [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 26, 2012 8:57 AM
  • Hi,

I'm new to JS metro dev and I would use indexedDB to store a large amount of data. How can I see if my datas are well stored. Is there a plugin or some kind of for visual studio ?

cordially,

max2817

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:31 AM
  • Not that I am aware of. You could query your own DB though and display its content on some kind of debug page inside your app.
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:35 AM
  • That means we never know where the datas are stored physically :-S. By the way thanks for confirming my thoughts.
    Friday, May 25, 2012 7:21 AM