none
The Font Used By Windows Forms Apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Windows forms app that I developed on an XP platform.  It looks great on the development machine.  When I run it on two user machines (one XP and one W2k), the fonts appear different and larger, and as a result the listbox is squeezed shut.  I have tried everything I can think of (from MSDN and other sources) to change the app fonts using all Display properties suggest  (on the development machine I change the fonts and they appear fine).  However, when I put it on the user machines, the font is large again and the listbox is squeezed shut.  There has to be some way the system font is always overriding the Windows Forms fonts I have selected, but I cannot figure out how to change it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

mjg

Monday, January 7, 2008 8:54 PM

Answers

• Is the font you used for your application installed on the other machines?
    Monday, January 7, 2008 9:01 PM
  • You're right Marcel.  Thank you very much.  I would have thought that the OS would tell us poor apps people when a font was attempted that wasn't installed.  At any rate, it worked great.

mjg

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:19 AM

All replies

• Is the font you used for your application installed on the other machines?
    Monday, January 7, 2008 9:01 PM
  • You're right Marcel.  Thank you very much.  I would have thought that the OS would tell us poor apps people when a font was attempted that wasn't installed.  At any rate, it worked great.

mjg

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:19 AM