none
File Adapter error at rceive location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am getting error for receive location when biztalk picks file from remote location..

Sometimes file also gets duplicated at receive location..

The FILE receive adapter cannot delete file \\10.0.0.0\c$\Exchange\SAP\FileOut\ShipInv\VPOPOSTSHIPOrder_12012011201046.xml. This file processed successfully.

Please delete this file from the disk.

Error code: 0x80070005

Pls Advise...

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Sandeep,

Maybe this is when SAP still has a file open handle on this file. BizTalk is very fast in reading files so that it might not be possible to delete it because of missing exclusive access? Did you try playing around with the variables in the file adapter like delete retry count, delete retries etc.?

If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver

http://pi.hauth.me

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:08 PM
  • Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your reply..

In my senario .net application drops file in input folder and i had mapped receive location to tht remote network location..

In receive location i gave authentication for biztalk host user ..also i gave this user full write access to that remote folder.

..I am guessing whould it be that .net application which drops file to that remote folder might not have completed the operation and in between biztalk reads the file...

Pls Advise how can i better cnfigure file adapter for senarios where i need to access remote netwoek location..

I had also found fix would this be helpful..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943859

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:21 AM
  • Windows file systems allows for locking, so I think the real problem may be because despite what the documentation says, in my experience, the user for the BizTalk Host Instance has always needed Full Control, not just write, to delete the file. 

-Dan

Friday, April 1, 2011 1:39 PM