Reportviewer in Winform/Clickonce Performance Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

Was hoping to potentially get some further assistance as I am having trouble finding anyone with a similar issue. We had a project which involved migrating a ClickOnce winform application from .Net Framework 3.5 to .Net Framework 4.5. When this was done, the reports in the project began taking a lot longer to render compared to when it was built on 3.5, which I then found out was because of all the expressions being used on the reports. I then found that a workaround to this issue would be including the following:

<NetFx40_LegacySecurityPolicy enabled="true" />

in the app.config. This did make the reports run as they did before when debugging as well as when executing the application from the executable after a build, but then later discovered that after publishing through ClickOnce, that this seems to not work in that environment, and the reports take a long time to render.  I never found any other solutions that have been able to work, and was wondering if there is some other method that I might have missed to make the reports render as they did before in framework 3.5 Switching back to Framework 3.5 is not going to be an option, and keeping the project in ClickOnce is desired. Therefore again, is there something I might have missed that is essential for reportviewer to render reports in a timely fashion when the report is composed of a large amount of expressions (involving summing the group totals)? 

Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:09 PM