none
System.InvalidOperationException: The item metadata "%(FullPath)" cannot be applied to the path "..."

Question

• I recently updated my Visual Studio 2015 to Update 2. Now, I am getting this error when opening a web project with a large folder in wwwroot (node_modules).

System.InvalidOperationException: The item metadata "%(FullPath)" cannot be applied to the path "..."

I have already excluded that folder in the XPROJ.

<ItemGroup>
        <DnxInvisibleContent Include="bower.json" />
        <DnxInvisibleContent Include=".bowerrc" />
        <DnxInvisibleContent Include="package.json" />
        <DnxInvisibleFolder Include="wwwroot\node_modules\" />
      </ItemGroup>

Previously, this works. It seems that Visual Studio now checks files even in invisible folders.

Saturday, April 23, 2016 1:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Jonas Arcangel,

Thanks for your post.

>>I am getting this error when opening a web project with a large folder in wwwroot (node_modules).

Please check the files in the wwwroot folder and make sure they are existed.

By the way, please create a new Web application in your VS2015 Update2. Then add this folder one by one then check which folder affect it.

>>It seems that Visual Studio now checks files even in invisible folders.

In order to validate it. You can do a simple in your test. Add a invisible folder then reopen your project check whether it gives the same error message.

Also to exclude the problem in your VS2015 Update2. I suggest you could try to create a new web application or test this web application on another machine.

In addition, if possible, please shared us a simple project so that we could reproduce it in our sides then we could better troubleshoot your issue.

If I misunderstood your problem, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, April 25, 2016 2:44 AM