none
Problems with HLK USB TCD tests RRS feed

• Question

• This one has me stumped atm.  If I run any of the USB TCD HLK tests, the tests fail to update the driver on my SuperMUTT.  The return value shown in the cmd prompt that comes back from muttutil is 2 ("The system cannot find the file specified.") .  I can pass the tests by running them one at a time and updating the driver myself in a command-prompt between each test but that is kind of a pain.  What is weird is, I can catch the beginning of the test and freeze the cmd prompt before it updates the driver, change directory, in my own admin cmd prompt, to the HLK task folder for that test, and run muttutil -updatedriver usbtcd.inf and it returns 0.  But when the test does it it returns 2 and doesn't update the driver.  Has anyone else had this problem?

I ran procmon trying to see if I could see an issue and the only thing I notice is muttutil tries to open usbtcd.cat which isn't copied over by the test.  But, like I say, when I run muttutil, from the HLK test directory, manually it works fine??  The command-line for muttutil in procmon is exactly what I use manually as well??

Not a show stopper, but would love to figure this out.  Thanks for any help!

Bill M.
    Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:48 PM

Answers

• My week for posting questions too soon.  I added my mutt utilities folder to the system path and issue went away.  This is probably spelled out in the help somewhere?  If so, I missed it.  Anyway, this solved it.
    • Marked as answer by Bill McKenzie Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:04 PM
    Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:04 PM

All replies

• I should have noted:  Test and host machines are Windows 10 x64 1703, using HLK for Win10 1703.
    • Marked as answer by Bill McKenzie Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:02 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Bill McKenzie Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:02 PM
    Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:55 PM
  • My week for posting questions too soon.  I added my mutt utilities folder to the system path and issue went away.  This is probably spelled out in the help somewhere?  If so, I missed it.  Anyway, this solved it.
    • Marked as answer by Bill McKenzie Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:04 PM
    Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:04 PM