SQL Server 2005 Express - Missing File RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

It seems I have a missing file in my Server 2005 Express install.  When I click the new query button in the Management Console it says it can't find a file called sqlfile.sql in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\SsmseeTemplates\Sql\.  Sure enough, the file isn't there.  Where did it go?  Where can I find this file?  Am I going to have to reinstall SQL Server to fix the problem.  God I truely hope not.  Please help me out here if you can.  Please send your replies to vscurtis@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks
    Shane
    Friday, December 9, 2005 6:58 PM

Answers

• It is a zero size file on my computer I guess if you create an empty file with that name it will work

Friday, December 9, 2005 7:36 PM

All replies

• It is a zero size file on my computer I guess if you create an empty file with that name it will work

Friday, December 9, 2005 7:36 PM
  • I was missing the same file without any reason. I did create the empty file with name 'sqlFile.sql' in the notepad and added on the missing folder which work for me like anything.

thank you very much

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 10:19 PM
  • Hi

It was the same case with me. Missing the file SQLFile.sql. I also created this as a notepad file i the missing folder and now its working..

thanks a lot

Thursday, January 3, 2008 10:30 PM
  • thankx a lot,

problem sovled
    Friday, January 18, 2008 12:51 PM
  • thanks

i create a notepad file name SQLFile.sql

and it works fine

thanks a lot

Friday, May 14, 2010 7:59 PM