Add Moles Assembly not working with VS2010 ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using version 0.94.51023.0 and get the Add Moles Assembly to work. There is nothing showing up when I select a reference assembly.

I have been trying to get the zipped samples that are included in the  Power Tools drop but I cannot get them to compile. The error I'm getting is that the Samples.Moles.Moles assembly can be referenced.

------ Rebuild All started: Project: Samples.Moles, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
      Samples.Moles -> C:\Users\eanstro\Desktop\Pex\samples\Moles\Samples.Moles\bin\Debug\Samples.Moles.exe
    ------ Rebuild All started: Project: Samples.Moles.Tests, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    C:\Users\eanstro\Desktop\Pex\samples\Moles\Samples.Moles.Tests\CantStubMeTest.cs(30,13): error CS0103: The name 'MCantStubMe' does not exist in the current context

Compile complete -- 1 errors, 0 warnings
    c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Samples.Moles.Moles". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
    ========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I'm currently using VS2010 Ultimate on Vista (32-bit).

Friday, December 3, 2010 8:57 AM

Answers

• The problem was solved by some classic uninstall-reinstall-uninstall-reinstall action. It now works again.

Monday, December 6, 2010 7:29 AM

All replies

• Could you make sure the Samples.Moles.Moles.dll assembly was generated and created under the MolesAssemblies folder in the test project?

Jonathan "Peli" de Halleux - Try Pex online at www.pexforfun.com!
    Friday, December 3, 2010 12:20 PM
  • The assembly was not created. I don't have a MolesAssemblies folder in the test project folder.
    Friday, December 3, 2010 2:00 PM
  • The problem was solved by some classic uninstall-reinstall-uninstall-reinstall action. It now works again.

Monday, December 6, 2010 7:29 AM