Add cloned testcases and test suites to Backlog RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I' m trying to create a test plan where I need to clone test suites and all test cases under it to a new test plan. My problem is how will I add them to a backlog. For exempel I have a plan a with  test suites 1 and the test suites has test case a, b and c linked to it and all are under my Product Backlog . I need to clone test suites 1 which is a requirement suite and all test cases to plan b but my problem is how can i add them to backlog without adding them one by one.

Monday, March 6, 2017 9:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Couple of questions:

Do you wish to clone the requirements or clone only test suites and test cases? If you want to clone requirements you have an option to do on in clone menu. If you do not want to clone requirements, then you have to create requirement based suites manually.

Typically, Requirement based suites (RBS) must not be cloned. If you have more than 1 RBS for a requirement, then adding a test case to a RBS in newly cloned plan will automatically add the test case to the RBS in the original plan. If the original plan was for a previous sprint or release, you will end up with new tests that are in active state (not tested) for the original plan.

What is the scenario for you to clone RBS? When moving from one sprint/release to next, your existing test cases form older plan should come in as regression tests in query based suites or static suites. The RBS in current suite must only have requirements from the current release/sprint.

Thanks
    Manoj

VSTS Program Management Team

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 6:06 AM