Show only certain views in view selector for Calendar. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Is there any way to have the View dropdown list that appears at the top of a SharePoint Calendar only show certain views out of all the views that are created for that calendar?

I have a Web Part that I created that has a bunch of check boxes to allow the user to choose what view they want to see out of any combination of a set of basic views.

I only want to show those basic views in the Views dropdown list and not all of the choice specific views, such as a view containing BasicView1 + BasicView3 + BasicView4.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.
    May your code never smell
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:21 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

It seems not possible to make views as security trimmed as list items, so you can not directly restrict access to specific views according to different users.

An alternative method is to create different pages and insert a data view web part on each page to simulate different views of one list. You can apply filter, order, group and even more sophisticate functions to make the data view web part shown as a specific view of the list. Then you can set permissions for these separated pages for security trimming. Finally, you put all links on the list page to simulate view dropdown and let users to access.

The following link includes details about how to create details and apply filter, order, group and more complicate customization on data view:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointdesigner/CH100667641033.aspx

Regards,

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:49 AM