SAAS and website in same project RRS feed

• Question

• User-2030899313 posted

Hi

i am developing a SAAS and wanted some advice.

as i will have a main website and an application would it be feasilble to add to the same solution in Visual Studio?

cheers

Sunday, August 28, 2011 6:07 PM

Answers

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

as i will have a main website and an application would it be feasilble to add to the same solution in Visual Studio?

Most likely both will share a good amount of code put in class libraries so yes it makes sense to do so. However you can make several solutions up so that you have less projects to compile/build each time speeding up loading these and compiling.

Grz, Kris.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 29, 2011 9:25 AM

All replies

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

Most likely both will share a good amount of code put in class libraries so yes it makes sense to do so. However you can make several solutions up so that you have less projects to compile/build each time speeding up loading these and compiling.

Grz, Kris.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 29, 2011 9:25 AM
  • User-2030899313 posted

cheers for the reply.

so do you mean to add projects for the data layer, business logic and UI for example. All these are be hooked in then from the main application right?

Monday, August 29, 2011 10:53 AM
  • User541108374 posted

Hi,

so do you mean to add projects for the data layer, business logic and UI for example. All these are be hooked in then from the main application right?

Usually you have different presentation layers (web, win, mobile, ...) and reuse layers lying underneath those like data access, business, integreation, service, ... layers. You can make up one solution which has all and different solutions which are only for the web or the mobile or ... part.

Grz, Kris.

Monday, August 29, 2011 11:08 AM