LightSwitch AutoComplete with no default value cannot be used RRS feed

• Question

• Hey LightSwitch Team!

I need an AutoCompleteBox populated with persons from intrinsic data source, but no default value should be displayed and this AutoCompleteBox should have the focus, when the screen is activated, so that the user can type the first character directly. Is this possible without to have the error, because of the required value for the AutoCompleteBox?

I cannot disable the Checkbox "IsRequired" into the Add Data Item Dialog, when I add the Local Property of Type Person (Entity), because this is built-in functionality.

Please, can someone help me?

Many, many thanks!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Andy,

I am using VS2013 March'14 Update and it appears to work here.

What is the history of the project? Can you post a screen shot or more info.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, June 3, 2014 8:16 AM
    Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:14 PM
  • Upgrade to VS2013 Update 2?

We could try hacking the metadata but that has no guarantee and would need testing.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Marked as answer by AndySta Tuesday, May 20, 2014 11:11 AM
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

I am using VS2013 March'14 Update and it appears to work here.

What is the history of the project? Can you post a screen shot or more info.

Dave

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, June 3, 2014 8:16 AM
    Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:14 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Many thanks for the reply.

I use VS 2012 Profession Update 4 and I have this problem. Here is a screen shot.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:02 PM
  • Upgrade to VS2013 Update 2?

We could try hacking the metadata but that has no guarantee and would need testing.

Dave

• Marked as answer by AndySta Tuesday, May 20, 2014 11:11 AM
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:41 AM