add contact to my app from outlook.com,google,facebook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing an window store app which will save contacts locally on window 8 pc or tablets. Manually adding contact is working fine but manually adding a lot of contact will irritate the user.All i want is user can add contact from their respective Google , Facebook and outlook.com by providing their user Id and password authentication.Something similar to People app in window 8.All Retrieved contacts from Google,Facebook and outlook.com will be saved locally.

Sample App or code for adding contact to app from Facebook,Google or outlook.com will be appreciated,so that i can get an idea.Help me .

Thanks in advance

Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi , contact picker  class will help you.You can find the sample here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/apps/BR224913

Thanks, Sarath S

Thursday, December 5, 2013 8:33 AM
  • Hi Sarath,

Thanks for your valuable advice ,but i am new to app development .Can you please tell me how contact picker will fetch contacts from Facebook,Google .i run the sample contact picker app and found that it can pick contacts from people app or from list defined within that sample app.i didn't find any way to connect to or to fetch contacts from Google or Facebook or outlook.com.

Please Help

Thanks

Friday, December 6, 2013 7:22 AM