none
SSMS 18 Tools -> Options -> Environment -> Tabs and Windows option is missing RRS feed

• Question

• The "Tabs and Windows" option is missing on SSMS 18.1. Can't pin/unpin query tabs.

Tried to uninstall/reinstall different versions (18/17.9.1/17.1/16.5.3) but had no luck.

Anyone can help?

Much appreciated.

Friday, June 14, 2019 2:23 AM

All replies

• Hi MitchellYS,

Would you please show the  screenshot of your issue in ssms 18.1 and ssms 17.9,1?

Hope this could help you .

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, June 17, 2019 5:32 AM
  • Hi Dedmon,

Sorry I am not able to upload the screenshots as my account is not verified yet.

I got an error message saying "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account."

I didn't receive any verification email.

How can I get it verified?

Thanks

Mitchell Yuan

Monday, June 17, 2019 5:47 AM
  • Now,try again.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, June 17, 2019 5:56 AM
  • Thanks.

The options I had on ssms 18.1 and 17.9.1 are the same. See the screenshot:

What I expected is:

BTW, I have Visual Studio 2019 professional installed on my computer. I have this option in Visual Studio options menu.

Monday, June 17, 2019 8:39 PM
  • Hi MitchellYS,

Would you please try to re-run the installer and choose to repair it? If it doesn't work, I  recommend you to submit it to the Microsoft feedback at this link https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server . This site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft feedback.

Hope this could help you .

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, June 20, 2019 8:21 AM