DBNETLIB ConnectionOpen(Connect... SQL Server does not exist RRS feed

• Question

• User-773355071 posted

I had copy a 2008 R2 database from Server A (Enterprise (64-bit) Version 10.0.2841.0 SP1 Server(NT 6.1 (X64) Build 7601:SP1)

To Server "B" (Enterprise (64-bit) 10.50.4000.0 SP2  Server(NT 6.1 (X64) Build 7601: SP1)

When I click on the application I receive the DBNETLIB ConnectionOpen(Connect...... SQL Server does not exist....... error? I can't seem to figure out why because TCP/IP & Name Pipe is enable, I am able to login the database and select data from the tables with the account the application is using And my config file is set-up like

Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=ServerB\ServerB.access.local;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;User Id=LoginAccount;Password=Loginpwd;

What is it that I missing or have wrong?

</value>

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:40 AM

Answers

• User-933407369 posted

Hi,

CAUSE:

<div class="sbody kb_tabs_toggle_open" id="MT1" style="margin-left: 40px;">This problem occurs during the discovery phase of the   connection. The IPSec policy on the client drops packets from the server when   the source IP changes.</div>

WORKAROUND:

To work around this problem, you have to hardcode the TCP   port or the Named Pipe of the SQL Server named instance. To do this, use a   connection string that is similar to one of the following:

[oledb]
    ; Hardcoded TCP OLE DB initstring
    Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=<var>clientID</var>;Data Source=tcp:<var>TcpIpAddress</var>,<var>port</var>

[oledb]
    ; Hardcoded Named Pipes OLE DB initstring
    Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=<var>clientID</var>;
    Data Source=np:\\<var>ServerName</var>\pipe\MSSQL$<var>InstanceName</var>\sql\query

Please check out the link for details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888228/en-us

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Hope it helps you.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:45 AM