none
MS-WSMV: Is is possible to choose the provider architecture for CIM operations? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to access the Windows registry over MS-WSMV using the StdRegProv class, and CIM method invocation as described in section 4.1.4 of the MS-WSMV specification.  However, I need to be able to select the provider architecture, as described here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa393067%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Is it possible to select a provider architecture when accessing WMI objects using MS-WSMV?  If so, how?

Friday, December 7, 2012 4:45 PM

Answers

• This issue has been resolved by working with Dave through dochelp@microsoft.com

Specifying appropriate <Option> elements under <OptionSet> is the way to specify ProviderArchitecture , RequiredArchitecture. See below.

<OptionSet>
        <Option Name="wmi:__ProviderArchitecture">32</Option>
        <Option Name="wmi:__RequiredArchitecture">TRUE<Option>
    <OptionSet>

At present this feature does not work due to impelmentation issue and it will be addressed in future releases of Windows.

MS-WSMV specification is updated with Windows Behavior Note.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open Specification

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:31 PM

All replies

• Hi fhv_dave:

I have alerted the Open Specification Team regrarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon through this thread.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Friday, December 7, 2012 9:24 PM
    Owner
  • Hello fhv_dave,

I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:01 PM
  • Hi Sreekanth,

Did you get my reply to your email?  I can indeed make SOAP calls to get the StdRegProv and execute methods.  I just need a way to select the provider architecture using SOAP.

Regards,

--David

• Edited by fhv_dave Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:48 PM sp.
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:48 PM
  • Hello Dave,

From my research, the context used to set the needed properties doesn't seem to be exposed through any existing class properties. But I have few more places to check. I will provide you an update as soon as I finish my research.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications

Thursday, December 20, 2012 3:24 PM
  • This issue has been resolved by working with Dave through dochelp@microsoft.com

Specifying appropriate <Option> elements under <OptionSet> is the way to specify ProviderArchitecture , RequiredArchitecture. See below.

<OptionSet>
        <Option Name="wmi:__ProviderArchitecture">32</Option>
        <Option Name="wmi:__RequiredArchitecture">TRUE<Option>
    <OptionSet>

At present this feature does not work due to impelmentation issue and it will be addressed in future releases of Windows.

MS-WSMV specification is updated with Windows Behavior Note.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open Specification

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:31 PM