none
Unable to get the event Meeting tracking Status in Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing an Outlook Add-In in Outlook 2013.

I am facing a problem particularly in outlook 2013. My requirement is, In meeting tracking when I will change the response status, I want to catch the event. Now, the thing is that I am catching the event successfully but the status is not changing from Accept to Decline. I have found that this is getting when I am firing another event in outlook it is reflecting the change or it is auto saving in within after 30 secs. Can you please let me know why this is happening?

Thanks in Advance.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 3:11 PM

Answers

• Hello Mail,

Outlook caches any changes made in the UI, also the changes are not reflected in the OOM. So, if you want to get the changes immediately you have to call the Save method programmatically.

The Ribbon UI allows to repurpose built-in controls. You may try to catch user action and do whatever you need. You can read more about this in the Temporarily Repurpose Commands on the Office Fluent Ribbon article.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 4:49 PM
  • As Eugene said, you can't get the change in status in code until the change is saved. Until then the change is held in a cache and is not available to the object model.

If you can repurpose the ribbon controls used for the change you can handle those click events. That would tell you the user had used that button. You can then allow the click to proceed normally. However, the object model still won't reflect the change until the item is saved, either by code or the user or automatically.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Thursday, August 14, 2014 9:16 PM
  • Thank you for sharing the image.

The Outlook object model doesn't provide any way for handling that immediately. There is no trivial way to get the job done.

Friday, August 15, 2014 1:11 PM

All replies

• Hello Mahul,

What code do you use for changing the response status? Did you try to call the Save method to apply changes?

Thursday, August 14, 2014 3:43 PM
  • I am not using any code to change the response status. I am just going to Tracking Status in Outlook UI and then changing the response status from there. What I need is to catch this change in an event and apply my code into it. I have tried to use processPropertyChangeEvent but it seems I am not getting it in Recipient.
    meetingresponsestatus  After 30 sec, when the meeting is auto-saved I get the change status. My requirement is to catch the change without saving so I cannot save explicitly either. Please let me know if you need more information.
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 4:37 PM
  • Hello Mail,

Outlook caches any changes made in the UI, also the changes are not reflected in the OOM. So, if you want to get the changes immediately you have to call the Save method programmatically.

The Ribbon UI allows to repurpose built-in controls. You may try to catch user action and do whatever you need. You can read more about this in the Temporarily Repurpose Commands on the Office Fluent Ribbon article.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 4:49 PM
  • Please have a look at the image so I can make the situation clearer to you. As you can see I want to get the status of the response from the owner of the meeting or attendees as I have to do some calculations based on that. Please check and let me know.

http://postimg.org/image/5vbujo1yb/
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:08 PM
  • As Eugene said, you can't get the change in status in code until the change is saved. Until then the change is held in a cache and is not available to the object model.

If you can repurpose the ribbon controls used for the change you can handle those click events. That would tell you the user had used that button. You can then allow the click to proceed normally. However, the object model still won't reflect the change until the item is saved, either by code or the user or automatically.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Thursday, August 14, 2014 9:16 PM
  • Thank you for sharing the image.

The Outlook object model doesn't provide any way for handling that immediately. There is no trivial way to get the job done.

Friday, August 15, 2014 1:11 PM