none
VSTO Ribbon DropDown Item Limit RRS feed

• Question

• There was question asked before on this topic:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/8a1738da-f014-4029-a999-40b6d100cd70/ribbondropdown-ribboncombobox-ribbongalery-maximum-items?forum=vsto

I'm not an experienced VSTO Developer so I just need clarification - is it saying the limit is absolute?  If not can someone shed a little more light on how I can change it? 

Thanks!

SPD

Friday, September 18, 2015 12:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The limitation for the numbers of items in combo box is correct. You can get the latest schema for the Office ribbon from link below:
    Office 2010 Reference: Office Fluent User Interface XML Schema

There is no changing for the numbers of this limitation in this schema. If you want Office to support more items, you can submit the feedback via "Smile Face" at the right corner of Office 2013.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 21, 2015 1:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The limitation for the numbers of items in combo box is correct. You can get the latest schema for the Office ribbon from link below:
    Office 2010 Reference: Office Fluent User Interface XML Schema

There is no changing for the numbers of this limitation in this schema. If you want Office to support more items, you can submit the feedback via "Smile Face" at the right corner of Office 2013.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 21, 2015 1:52 AM
  • Is there any way that I can replace the control with perhaps a third-party control?

Thanks,

SPD

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 3:20 PM