forgot password by using asp.net with code RRS feed

• Question

•  i have a problem to run the forgot password.

the error is

The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at

what is the solution for this error

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

this is not related to forgot password it self, you are trying to send an email and you are either not authenticated or doing something wrong other than that.

usually i get this trying to connect to gmail, so try following this, and i'm sure everything would be fine then

regards,

OQ

Please mark the right post as answer to your question , and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:27 AM

All replies

• There is no way to solve this by just using C# (since you psted your question in the C# forum). You will need to find out which SMTP server you are using, contact the administrators for the right credentials, and then input those credentials into whatever location your program is using to store them (typically the web.config file).

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:23 AM
  • Hi,

this is not related to forgot password it self, you are trying to send an email and you are either not authenticated or doing something wrong other than that.

usually i get this trying to connect to gmail, so try following this, and i'm sure everything would be fine then

regards,

OQ

Please mark the right post as answer to your question , and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:27 AM