Calling a stored procedure from WPF client library RRS feed

• Question

• I created an Entity Data Model for a database and added a function import for a stored procedure that returns a complex type.  Then I created a WCF Data Service to expose the Entity Data Model.  Next I added a Service Reference to my client application for the WCF Data Service. My DataService class initialization and the Method definition shown below

public static void InitializeService(DataServiceConfiguration config)
            {
                config.SetEntitySetPageSize("*", 100);
                config.SetEntitySetAccessRule("*", EntitySetRights.AllRead);
                config.DataServiceBehavior.MaxProtocolVersion = DataServiceProtocolVersion.V2; 
                config.DataServiceBehavior.UseMetadataKeyOrderForBuiltInProviders = true;

config.UseVerboseErrors = true;
                //This is for stored proc calls
                config.SetServiceOperationAccessRule("*", ServiceOperationRights.All);
            }

[WebGet]
            public IQueryable<GetAccountInformation_Result> GetAccountData(string bankNumber, string customerId)
            {
                return CurrentDataSource.GetAccountInformation(bankNumber, customerId).AsQueryable();   
            }

And in my client (c# class library), I have the below code to get the account data by bank and customer id

string address = "http://companywebaddress.como/EmpireServices/EmpireDBService.svc";
                EmpireDBEntities _context = new EmpireDBEntities(address);
                _context.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; 

string queryAddress = _context.BaseUri.ToString();
                queryAddress = queryAddress + "/GetAccountData?bankNumber='0202'&customerId='Id1'";

Uri input = new Uri(queryAddress);

IEnumerable<GetAccountInformation_Result> temp = _context.Execute<GetAccountInformation_Result>(input);

foreach (DataRepository.EmpireDBService.EmpireDBModel.GetAccountInformation_Result item in temp)
                {
                    result.Add(item);
                }

after the execute line of code, while looping through temp I get the error 'The closed type DataRepository.EmpireDBService.EmpireDBModel.GetAccountInformation_Result does not have a corresponding element settable property.'

However when I use _context.IgnoreMissingProperties = true; I don't get the error but the data does not have any rows.

I can take the queryAddress (url) above and can run directly on browser, which is working fine and I can see the result

What is that I am missing here?

Friday, December 7, 2012 6:57 PM

All replies

• I guess your return type is a complex type in your model. In which case this is a known limitation of the client library. There are several other threads on this forum discussing this issue already.

Thanks,

Vitek Karas [MSFT]

Friday, December 7, 2012 9:22 PM