Cross Platform Local Notification with Images RRS feed

• Question

• User254125 posted

I'm really new to Xamarin.Forms and I want to add support for local notifications (not Push Notifications) to an app, I have tried several libraries already and I don’t find the possibility of adding images to them, I’ve been looking in the Xamarin.IOS and Xamarin.Andriod and looks like is possible to do it. I could build one library for that but I’m not too confident with Xamarin.IOS/Andriod and it would probably take a week or so, anyone knows a library for such thing?

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:39 PM

Answers

• User379860 posted

@Dominion Do you provide more information about it? FCM? Or other library? If you could achieve it in xamarin.android and xamarin.ios, you can use it by dependence service in Xamarin forms. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/xamarin-forms/app-fundamentals/dependency-service/introduction

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 3:11 PM

All replies

• User379860 posted

@Dominion Do you provide more information about it? FCM? Or other library? If you could achieve it in xamarin.android and xamarin.ios, you can use it by dependence service in Xamarin forms. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/xamarin-forms/app-fundamentals/dependency-service/introduction

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 3:11 PM
  • User254125 posted

Hi @LeonLu, first thanks for answering. I tried this: Plugin.LocalNotification LocalNotificationsPlugin (Sorry I'm not able to post the github links) What I want to achieve is Display some Local Notifications (no FCM for now) with images as content which I think is possible for both Android and iOS, and with all of this library this is not possible, I know about the DependencyService but I was hoping not to reinvent the wheel

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 3:55 PM
  • User396224 posted

Hello, @Dominion , any luck this project? I want to do the same, locally, but no solution yet.

Thursday, August 13, 2020 11:12 PM