Solution for processing IoT output data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Currently, I have configured Azure IoT to continuously send data to Azure SQL DB using Stream Analytics and it is up and running.

Now, I have the below requirement and need efficient and maintainable.

I need to process this data that is being sent to SQL DB from IoT hub and then send the final data for inserting into the azure sql db. Now, at which level we can achieve this? 

Thanks,

Chandra

Chandra Shekar Y

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 5:41 PM

All replies

• It depends on what type of analytics you want to do on the data, but Stream, Analytics is actually designed to allow you to do this. You can have several queries in your ASA job, one sending everything to the SQL DB, another filtering data based on content of messages, or computing averages, or detecting thresholds, or invoking machine learning algorithm or even executing JS code on the data before sending the processed data to the output of your choice.

Azure Functions can also be used if you want a serverless solution for processing data on the flight.

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 5:05 PM
  • Thak You!. What is a server less solution?

Can we write C# logic at Stream Analytics and send the processed data to SQL for storing? If Yes, Please provide any resource.

Chandra Shekar Y

Friday, June 9, 2017 6:57 AM