Using the online document: How to you restrict searches to WinRT versions of APIs RRS feed

Answers

• I don't know of any forums that discuss how to search Microsoft documentation.

Try the MSDN and TechNet Search Feedback forum.

I usually make sure I am in the appropriate developer center (choose Dev Center - Windows Store apps from the top dropdown, or click into one of the "Related developer sites" at the bottom). Searches will by default restrict to the dev center you are in, and you can refine by topic or source with the checkboxes to the left.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:11 PM

All replies

• Actually, this question is about how to search the Microsoft library documentation for specific information. This forum is for questions about the forums platform itself, and how to use it. I believe this question should be asked in a forum dedicated to Windows Store apps. I don't know of any forums that discuss how to search Microsoft documentation. My best guess for the above question is simply to seach the entire Microsoft site for "DataContractSerializer".

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:19 PM
  • I don't know of any forums that discuss how to search Microsoft documentation.

Try the MSDN and TechNet Search Feedback forum.

I usually make sure I am in the appropriate developer center (choose Dev Center - Windows Store apps from the top dropdown, or click into one of the "Related developer sites" at the bottom). Searches will by default restrict to the dev center you are in, and you can refine by topic or source with the checkboxes to the left.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:11 PM