none
Error when accessing MSDN website with IE7 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,
    I have encountered this problem where my IE7 will crash when it is accessing MSDN website. And the error only happens when i access to the msdn library website...
    the error message is
    "Sysfader: iexplore.exe - Application Error
    The instruction at "0x75c32e72" referenced memory at "0x00000240". The memory could not be "read"
    "

Is there any solution to this? I have tried a few methods as mentioned in other threads. But I still cant do it.
    Now i have to use firefox to access MSDN website...

thanks....
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:00 AM

Answers

• Hi all,

A co-worker of mine pointed this thread out to me.  I did a little snooping on other sites and found that the problem doesn't appear to be isolated to the MSDN site.

According to this thread on a different site:

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=629831

it sounds like this is due to a third-party IE extension.  Some folks on the thread were associating it with a bad Adobe Flash upgrade.

We haven't seen it in our testing here.

Sorry for your problems,

Allen Wagner

MSDN Development Team

Microsoft Corporation

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:03 PM

All replies

• Yes, same for me.

Any idea?

thanks

• Proposed as answer by ckshin Sunday, July 19, 2009 1:20 AM
    Friday, February 29, 2008 10:50 AM
  •  

Same here...
    And the msdn site doesn't work that well in Firefox.

• Proposed as answer by ckshin Sunday, July 19, 2009 1:21 AM
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:11 AM
  •  

well count me another victim. However, mickysoft did flash a message that they were having problems. But then

that was only possible using firefox. Don't you just love it

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 12:59 AM
  • Hi all,

A co-worker of mine pointed this thread out to me.  I did a little snooping on other sites and found that the problem doesn't appear to be isolated to the MSDN site.

According to this thread on a different site:

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=629831

it sounds like this is due to a third-party IE extension.  Some folks on the thread were associating it with a bad Adobe Flash upgrade.

We haven't seen it in our testing here.

Sorry for your problems,

Allen Wagner

MSDN Development Team

Microsoft Corporation

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:03 PM
  • Thanks for the info and thread...but from the thread, it seems like there is no common solution to the error. and we have to go through some trial and error...Sad

I cant remember what was the last installed software/application that caused my notebook to have this problem. using IE6 was ok before...hope to find out the real cause for my case...:-)

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:08 PM
  • Yeah,

It sounded like people were thrashing in several directions on that thread.  The common theme, though, seemed to be related to IE extensions that folks had installed, so I guess that is where I would start. Disable the extensions you have installed and try it again.  If the clean browser works, at least we can confirm that it isn't related to the jscript on the MSDN site.  I'd appreciate it if you pass you're findings along so I can notify our test team.

Thanks!

Allen

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:49 PM
  • Hi,

running IE7 on W2K3 Terminalserver on Console or in a terminalsession (citrix) - access www.t-online.de and "sysfader..."

Start it with -extoff: same behaviour

degrade to IE6: everything is fine!

runing firefox: no problems

Thomas

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:00 PM
  • I responded to this issue in this forum. It may (or may not) shed some light on the issue.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3071779&SiteID=1

Kind Regards

Ian Hart

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 5:14 AM
  •  

Hi

This error message occurs because the operating system does not allocate a large enough buffer for the maximum string length that is permitted. When the data is larger than the buffer size, the Winlogon service stops unexpectedly and your computer generates the error message.

In IE, Tools> Internet Options> Advanced tab. Uncheck the box:
    Enable third-party browser extensions
    Apply, Ok and OK. Reboot and see if you still have this problem. If it doesn't help,
    you can recheck it.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 6:52 AM