Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.
    I'm Working on SSIS Package using Visual studio in SQL Server 2008. 
    The package I've built is having about 200 tables with millions of healthcare records.
    When I'm trying to modify, execute, or save the package the the machine throws an error saying System Out of Memory.

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio
    ------------------------------

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

BUTTONS:

OK

Could anyone please help me out to know what are the reasons for this error and how to get rid of this problem.
    Please have a look on the screen shots below for this ERROR.

• Moved by Tina-Shi Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:16 AM the issue is related to the ssis
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 3:35 PM

Answers

• The message tells you that you don't have any memory left to execute your package. Either add more memory to your server or create packages that don't consume that much memory. Search for "SSIS Performance Best Practices" to find some good tips, like: don't select columns you don't need in the lookup, don't use blocking components like sort/aggregate, split functionality over multiple packages, etc. etc.

Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question | My SSIS Blog: http://microsoft-ssis.blogspot.com | Twitter

Thursday, January 22, 2015 1:52 PM

All replies

• Could anyone please help me out to know what are the reasons for this error and how to get rid of this problem.

Well, presumably you are out of memory. Run perfmon to find out for yourself. Specifically, focus on Private Bytes performance counter.

By the way, I don't see any screen shots.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:03 PM
  • Hi 1Sunny1,

Based on your information, since no matter you save/execute/modify the SSIS package and it keeps throwing the 'System.OutOfMemoryException'. It supposed to be the performance issue. I suggest you increase the virtual memory of your computer. Please go to System Properties -> Advance -> Performance Options -> Advance -> Virtual Memory, increase the size for Virtual Memory.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Simon Hou
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 22, 2015 12:47 PM
  • That package is way too big. VS is going to have major isues with it, even if your machine has enough memory.

Try building more modular (smaller and simpler) packages.

MCSE SQL Server 2012 - Please mark posts as answered where appropriate.

Thursday, January 22, 2015 1:01 PM
  • The message tells you that you don't have any memory left to execute your package. Either add more memory to your server or create packages that don't consume that much memory. Search for "SSIS Performance Best Practices" to find some good tips, like: don't select columns you don't need in the lookup, don't use blocking components like sort/aggregate, split functionality over multiple packages, etc. etc.

Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question | My SSIS Blog: http://microsoft-ssis.blogspot.com | Twitter

Thursday, January 22, 2015 1:52 PM