none
How to export In PowerPoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

What is the best way of exporting some information present in my web page to powerpoint.

For example i have a grid in which there are 100 records. i want to store 20 records in 1 slide. thus the application should create 5 slides.

Waiting for the answer desperately. Any suggestion..

Regards,

Amitabha

Monday, April 19, 2010 6:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Amitabha,

Thanks for your question.

One thing I need to make it clear is that what format do you want to store these records in your presentation. Do you want to insert the data as a table or other format in each slide?

If you want to insert the data as a table, you could try the Productivity Tool to see how to insert a table:

1.      Create an empty presentation with a blank slide and save it, such as “source.pptx”.

2.      Add a table (for instance, a table with 2 rows and 1 column) to the slide of the pptx and save it as “target.pptx”.

3.      Open the Tool; click "Compare Files" to compare the “source.pptx” and “target.pptx” files.

4.      In the "File Comparison" tab, click "View Part Diff" to show the differences between the selected two parts.

5.       Click “View Part code” to see the complete sample code on how to add a table.

Hope this helps. If you have any question, please let me know.

Thanks,

Lu

Monday, April 19, 2010 7:09 AM
  • Hi Lu Zhang, 

Thanks for the answer. 

In the presentation the records will be stored in table format only. The main problem is the client is not having Microsoft powerpoint 2007 in the clients end. Secondly you mentioned of creating a new presentation using productivity tool. I am totally new in "open XML" thing. I had already used Interop for making powerpoint. But since the client is not having PowerPoint 2003 in the server we are facing problem.

The client is having Powerpoint 2007 installed in server although is not having Powerpoint2007 in their machine. They want to create the presentation in the server side and store it in the client side and the presentation should be PPT 2003 supported. 

Please suggest me a way how to do it as i'm totally confused about the matter.

Regards,

Amitabha

Monday, April 19, 2010 10:11 AM
  • Hi Amitabha,

Thanks for your description.

From my understanding, is the requirment in this thread related to another thread you posted? If so, since Office 2007 uses a new file format (Open XML File Format) which is different from that in Office 2003, if you use Open XML SDK to export data in presentations (as mentioned above), they will NOT be compatiable with Office 2003, you may need other tools to do the transformation.

Hope this helps. If you have any question, please let me know.

Thanks,

Lu

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:35 AM