Can't create/upgrade a model. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a co-work and everytime I need a model to be updated I ask him to generate at his computer and then I update my Project. It is really upsetting me. How can I resolve this once and for all?

If I try to update the model, appears the next window (see image) and nothing else happens when I click NEXT.

Here is the messagem I got from Visual Studio 2015 when I try to generate the database from the model:

---------------------------
    Microsoft Visual Studio
    Encountered the following errors while processing the template 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Entity Framework Tools\DBGen\SSDLToSQL10.tt:

Line 56, Column 0: 'Running transformation: System.InvalidOperationException: The SSDL generated by the activity called 'CsdlToSsdlAndMslActivity' is not valid and has the following errors:
    No Entity Framework provider found for the ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient'. Make sure the provider is registered in the 'entityFramework' section of the application config file. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=260882 for more information.
       at Microsoft.Data.Entity.Design.DatabaseGeneration.EdmExtension.CreateAndValidateStoreItemCollection(String ssdl, Version targetFrameworkVersion, IDbDependencyResolver resolver, Boolean catchThrowNamingConflicts)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplatingFED2D73CEED00C99E8A0A14FA9AE33EAFFDF3CAAFEE9E04D21CC913F1C5C88D960592C81A433C11663E61FD5459CF679CFD9B7275B72CA8BFB8D753DBB9FDDE3.GeneratedTextTransformation.get_Store() in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Entity Framework Tools\Templates\Includes\GenerateTSQL.Utility.ttinclude:line 57
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplatingFED2D73CEED00C99E8A0A14FA9AE33EAFFDF3CAAFEE9E04D21CC913F1C5C88D960592C81A433C11663E61FD5459CF679CFD9B7275B72CA8BFB8D753DBB9FDDE3.GeneratedTextTransformation.TransformText() in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Entity Framework Tools\DBGen\SSDLToSQL10.tt:line 84'

OK  

Friday, May 11, 2018 10:56 PM

All replies

• <entityFramework>
      <!-- ... -->
      <providers>
        <provider invariantName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient"
                  type="MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlProviderServices, MySql.Data.Entity.EF6" />
      </providers>
    </entityFramework>

You have to discover why the above is known when your coworker from their machine when building the model with the wizard that the  provider is known, and it is not known when doing it from your machine.

At best, you could delete the model from the project on your machine and try recreating the model from scratch.

Saturday, May 12, 2018 7:40 AM
  • Hi João Lessa,

>>If I try to update the model, appears the next window (see image) and nothing else happens when I click NEXT.

Please click New Connection, entry your data source, and click Test Connection and check if you could connect your database before you update your model.

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 14, 2018 1:56 AM