none
Problems when Install Visual Studio Community In Windows 8.0

Question

• Hello I have a Laptop with Windows 8, I have installed previously Visual Studio 2010  and Visual Studio 2013, then I Install Community 2015 but Xamarin menu in Tools not show. I try many options but they don´t show.
    Monday, December 05, 2016 6:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Juan,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

To have a much better understanding of this issue, there is a clarification with you:

>>but Xamarin menu in Tools not show

The Xamarin menu which you mentioned about is under the VS setup Wizard, or something missing when trying to create a Xamarin project ?

It would be much better to describe more detailed error information or offer us a screenshot.

You could ask for a requirement in Verify Your Account 37 to verify your MSDN account.

Suppose it occurs during the VS installation, the prerequisites of installing Xamarin well is that the VS installer is fine. the best practice is to make the VS installed completely on your machine.

1. I suggest you download a VS 2015 With Update 3 ISO to repair your VS first.

Please use FCIV  to verify the SHA-1 to ensure the ISO is not corrupted

Here are ISO download website and Hash Value Page.  

2.Before installing the Xamarin, you need to install Microsoft Build Tools 2015

3. The Xamarin is not installed by default, temporarily shut download the AV software and firewall

open Control Panel > Programs and Features,

choose the Visual Studio 2015 item, and click Change. When the installer opens, click Modify ,

check and install the C#/NET(Xamarin v4.2.1)

4. After trying the above steps, the Xamarin tool will show under Control Panel as below:

By the way, according to official docs, Please try following steps to install Xamarin related components.

1.Go to https://www.xamarin.com/ to sign in an account.

2. Use the account to log in download pagethere are different versions of Xamarin, you could choose to download which are necessary for your program development:

If there is any problem existed, please feel free to let me know, I’m willing to help you solve it.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 7:12 AM
  • Hi Juan,

Is there any update about this issue?

If the issue still persists, please feel free to let us know, we are willing to help you solve this.

If you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 6:56 AM