User Authentication using LDAP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am trying to authenticate User in directory store created by AD LDS using ASP.Net as follows,

DirectoryEntry entry = new DirectoryEntry("LDAP://localhost:389/CN=John,OU=AD LDS Users,O=UserAccount,C=Userlist","John","mary123!",AuthenticationTypes.Secure);

object obj = entry.NativeObject;

while executing above line i'm getting error as follows,

System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x8007052E): Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

My machine is stand alone machine NOT in ANY DOMAIN, in which server 2008 OS is installed .
    Among server roles only AD LDS role is installed not AD DS or others.

Instead of  //
    localhost:389,it has been replaced by //MachineName:389
    also replaced
    "John" as with full Dn name "CN=John,OU=AD LDS Users,O=UserAccount,C=Userlist" and also with "MyAdminLoginUsername" and its respective password  but still I'm getting the same error.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
    thiru.
    Saturday, October 18, 2008 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Thiru,

This forum is geared towards software developers to get their applications compatible and certified with Windows Server 2008.

However, I discussed this issue with the concerned team and the suggestion which I received is you need to enable the User Account that you have the trouble with  You can do it by using ADAM Version of ADSIEDIT.MSC. If you need further help on this you may need to contact Microsoft PSS and open a support case with the concerned team.

Please refer the following link on Microsoft Help and Support.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Leena

Monday, October 27, 2008 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am researching on the issue and will update you at the earliest.

Thanks,

Leena

Thursday, October 23, 2008 11:46 PM
  • Pls Leena,let me know it soon.
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 4:59 AM
  • Hi Thiru,

This forum is geared towards software developers to get their applications compatible and certified with Windows Server 2008.

However, I discussed this issue with the concerned team and the suggestion which I received is you need to enable the User Account that you have the trouble with  You can do it by using ADAM Version of ADSIEDIT.MSC. If you need further help on this you may need to contact Microsoft PSS and open a support case with the concerned team.

Please refer the following link on Microsoft Help and Support.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Leena

Monday, October 27, 2008 3:04 PM
  • Hi ,
    Something is better than nothing.
    Thanks Leena.
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:44 AM
  • Hello,
    could anyone solve this problem?
    I have the same problem with windows 2008 server, my code works fine in windows 2003 server but when I put it in 2008 I receive this problem in directoryservices.dll          "a local error has occurred" 
    my active directory is in Windows 2000 and my webserver is 2008 and my webserver is not in same domain as my AD but the same ip range, even I checked the port 389 by telnet from weberver to AD and it was ok.
    Monday, October 5, 2009 4:50 AM