none
Kinect Commercial License for one off industrial applications? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would appreciate comment from Microsoft regarding where they intend to go with commercial licensing for the Kinect SDK. I would like to use it for one off industiral applications, as it is a great sensor for machine vision. I hope that the eventual commercial license will not focus only on large scale entertainment / commercial applications but will be affordable enough for the one off applications also.

Thanks

Roland

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:30 PM

Answers

• Roland-

We're happy to hear of your excitement about the Kinect for Windows and machine vision.

Yes, we will make the Kinect for Windows SDK commercially licensable, although the details are not finalized or published.

Note, as part of our release of Beta 1 Refresh today, we did update our FAQ to include more mention of the upcoming commercial license.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Rob Relyea, @rrelyea
    Kinect for Windows team, @KinectSDKTeam

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:20 AM

All replies

• Roland-

We're happy to hear of your excitement about the Kinect for Windows and machine vision.

Yes, we will make the Kinect for Windows SDK commercially licensable, although the details are not finalized or published.

Note, as part of our release of Beta 1 Refresh today, we did update our FAQ to include more mention of the upcoming commercial license.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Rob Relyea, @rrelyea
    Kinect for Windows team, @KinectSDKTeam

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:20 AM
  • Beta 1 Refresh? Woot, woot.
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:32 PM