Publishing to HostGator RRS feed

• Question

• User154499744 posted

I believe I put in all the correct values for the Publish Settings. But after I go through the publish steps, I do not see anything on the site. Can someone please hele me figure out what I did wrong?

I did call support at HostGator and they are saying they don't see anything deployed on their side. I'm very new at this, so I have no idea what to look for.

Sunday, August 30, 2015 11:17 PM

Answers

• User379720387 posted

Yes, you need to be on a Microsoft server with WebMatrix.

Ask them to provide you with a publish profile for Web Deploy. If they support Web Deploy, they can generate that publish profile for you.

That will be the quickest test to see if they really support it.

The link below shows the instructions on how to set it up if you had server access. Since you don't they will need to do that.

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/hosting-guide/lets-get-started/windows-dedicated-hosting/web-deploy-web-deployment-tool

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 31, 2015 3:27 PM

All replies

• User1992938117 posted

I did call support at HostGator and they are saying they don't see anything deployed on their side. I'm very new at this, so I have no idea what to look for.

I am not sure how you are publishing your site but i would recommend you to publish your site in file system locally then upload using any ftp client as FileZilla.

If you are using VS 2013 -15 then follow below steps to publish site locally. 

1. Right click on project in Solution Explorer
    2. Click Publish
    3. Under Profile select <New Profile>
    4. Create profile name (can be anything, dev.domainname.com)
    5. Under Connection > Publish Method > select File System
    6. Enter the Target location \\server\sharedfolder\
    Monday, August 31, 2015 12:15 AM
  • User154499744 posted

Thank you Rajneesh, but I am looking for assistance specific to WebMatrix. Perhaps if I am not able to get help in WebMatrix, I will look into the FileZilla method.

In WebMatrix, I have the Publish Settings populated and it validated the connection. After that, I went through the publish steps, but my content does not appear on the destination URL. Can someone help?

Monday, August 31, 2015 9:10 AM
  • User379720387 posted

Does HostGator support Web Deploy?

Does the preview window shows the files that are already on the site?

Monday, August 31, 2015 12:55 PM
  • User154499744 posted

wavemaster

Does HostGator support Web Deploy?

I think so.

wavemaster

Does the preview window shows the files that are already on the site?

I can't do anything like that right now because I can not validate the connection. I should actually clarify what happened since the first post.

Earlier on, I was able to validate the connection and publish my project. But nothing showed up on the website because my URL was created on a Linux server, according to HostGator support. He said I needed to be on a Windows server. He said this because I have a cshtml file. I don't know if that make sense or not. So anyway, he canceled my Linux account and created a new account, this time, on a Windows server.

So with this new account created, I am trying to validate the connection to the new IP address, but I am not able to.

Monday, August 31, 2015 3:16 PM
  • User379720387 posted

Yes, you need to be on a Microsoft server with WebMatrix.

Ask them to provide you with a publish profile for Web Deploy. If they support Web Deploy, they can generate that publish profile for you.

That will be the quickest test to see if they really support it.

The link below shows the instructions on how to set it up if you had server access. Since you don't they will need to do that.

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/hosting-guide/lets-get-started/windows-dedicated-hosting/web-deploy-web-deployment-tool

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 31, 2015 3:27 PM