Do AlternateServicePorts share the same interleave? RRS feed

• Question

• If I have a service which implements a couple alternate service ports and set ServiceHandlerBehavior.Exclusive and handlers from different alternate operations are these exclusive for the whole class which implements all the alternate service ports?
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:41 AM

Answers

• I think that all the handlers are registered on the MainPortInterleave. It seems to be the only interleave exposed by the DsspServiceBase.

But, it should be possible to use different interleave by manually registering handlers on an interleave instead of using ServiceHandler attribute.

Regards,

Vincent

http://www.simplysim.net/
    • Proposed as answer by AndrewField Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by CognexMike Tuesday, June 29, 2010 5:12 AM
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:06 AM
  • Vincent is correct, all the alternate ports and contracts are by default combined into the main interleave

Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:32 PM

All replies

• I think that all the handlers are registered on the MainPortInterleave. It seems to be the only interleave exposed by the DsspServiceBase.

But, it should be possible to use different interleave by manually registering handlers on an interleave instead of using ServiceHandler attribute.

Regards,

Vincent

http://www.simplysim.net/
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:06 AM
  • Vincent is correct, all the alternate ports and contracts are by default combined into the main interleave

Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:32 PM
  • In this case I want them to be in the same interleave. The implementation represents several related services (i.e. they share the same internal state)

Thanks for the info

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 5:13 AM