none
value of live preview Continuous gestures result In VGB always gets high RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone:

I want to add a continuous gesture project to my solution that already has three discrete gesture projects.As Angela did in the video,I  used the method of automatic generation of tags and finally built the whole solution to get gbd file.Then I clicked live preview and found that the result value of continuous gesture got very high even I did nothing and the other three discrete gesture results were zero.

what's wrong with that? I did something wrong?

PS:I try to show the case that as Angle did in the video, to drive a car

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:07 AM

Answers

• Hello NoBUG,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Continuous gestures always produce a signal, even when nothing is happening, that is why we call them 'continuous'. This is also why you need to use discrete gestures to tell you when the signal is valid.

I created a sample that will show you how to use continuous and discrete gestures together. You can use git to clone the ContinousGestureBasics-WPF sample here: https://github.com/angelaHillier/ContinuousGestureBasics-WPF.git. It uses the steering gestures that I demonstrated in the video to drive a 2D spaceship.

I hope that you find this helpful,

~Angela

Saturday, May 23, 2015 12:05 AM