none
Screensaver.scr common language runtime debugging services error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I have a screensaver.scr, I've done a GPO for install it in all computers. When it is activated, it shows a common language runtime debugging services error. I've looked for .net framework and it is installed, from 1.1 to 3.5 SP1. I've reinstalled all .net framework too but it follows on with the error. Can someone help me? Thanks beforehand.

Cheers...
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 10:43 AM

Answers

• It just crashed on an exception.  If you don't know how to use a debugger you'll need the help of the author of this application to find out why it bombs.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by eryang Monday, September 14, 2009 5:53 AM
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 11:51 AM

All replies

• What is "GPO"?  What does a "debugging services error" look like?  Document your problem better, post the exact exception message as well as its stack trace.

Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 11:22 AM
  • I'm sorry, I'm system administrator, not programmer. GPO is a group policy object, it is in AD (Active Directory). GPO is not problem, if I get screensaver.scr and copy it in \windows\system32\, and I go to control panel - screen - screensaver and active it, it shows an error. The error is exactly:

Screensaver.scr - Common Language Runtime debugging services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
    Process Id=0x9e8(2536), subprocess id=0xd88(3464)

Click Accept for finishing the application
    Click Cancel for debugging the application

I don't have jit debugger in that computer (it is a user computer), how can I install it? Url for downloading it?
    The screensaver works in some computers, in others not, I don't know why it happens ...
    Thanks beforehand.
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 11:32 AM
  • It just crashed on an exception.  If you don't know how to use a debugger you'll need the help of the author of this application to find out why it bombs.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by eryang Monday, September 14, 2009 5:53 AM
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 11:51 AM