How do you clear workflow cache in visual studio RRS feed

• Question

• Workflow Foundation is hideously broken. 

How are you meant to clear the cache so that workflow picks up changes you've made.

Currently if I create a new activity, create a new object for an argument. Visual studio doesn't know this stuff has changed.

I tried deleting the bin/obj directories. Temp directories. ProjectAssemblies directory.

NOTHING works. 

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 4:43 AM

Answers

• Hmm, very strange. You shouldn't have to manage them in your toolbox at all. When you're working on a Workflow project, the activities that are part of the solution should automatically populate in the toolbox when you [re]compile.

I know that's not helping solve the problem, but I suggest maybe you reset the toolbox, close down VS, reopen the solution and continue trying to trouble shoot knowing that VS will add activities automatically like it should once we figure out what the real problem is.

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Monday, September 16, 2013 1:16 AM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:47 PM

All replies

• Are your activities in a separate library than the workflow that is using them? And just to be clear, you're saying you compile your activity project and you don't see new activities in the toolbox or pick up changes to existing activities (e.g. arguments added/removed) show up?
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:41 AM
  • They are in the same project.

If I go to the toolbox, reset it. Then add, the list shows all the old ones I deleted, none of the new ones.

If I delete the obj folder which is where they are referenced from, they still show up, they are copied back in when I try to add. 

This only happens on my machine. We have 4 other PCs here setup identically and this issue doesn't occur on those.
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:47 AM
  • Hmm, very strange. You shouldn't have to manage them in your toolbox at all. When you're working on a Workflow project, the activities that are part of the solution should automatically populate in the toolbox when you [re]compile.

I know that's not helping solve the problem, but I suggest maybe you reset the toolbox, close down VS, reopen the solution and continue trying to trouble shoot knowing that VS will add activities automatically like it should once we figure out what the real problem is.

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Monday, September 16, 2013 1:16 AM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:47 PM