PCI metadata

Question

• 我是通过VS中driver的Authoring安装的metadata。我看过多个例子,发现微软提供的多数都是USB类型的设备.并且发现在没有inf和sys文件时,通过metadata文件(我猜想)能够在Metro风格的设置->更改电脑设置->设备 里找到设备,只是显示没有驱动。但是当我开发的PCI类型的设备时采用同样的方法却找不到设备,metadata文件貌似没有发挥作用。我想问请问下原因?
    Wednesday, August 08, 2012 2:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Adams,

You have an internal device.  We have yet to publish information with regards to this.

Best Wishes - Eric

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:50 AM
  • I have run into a problem when I use the “Device metadata Authoring” to make a metadata file. The metadata file seems to do not work at all.

I have researched some Examples offered by Microsoft such as "kmdf_fx2"(most of them are USB device) and found system can find the device in “start->settings->more settings->device”,even if it does not have a Driver(.sys and .inf) .

When I came to a PCIDevice following the same way ,it makes different.The metadata file seems that it does not work at all. Firstly,I can`t find the dialog like this

Secondly,the ETW ->UserPnp->DeviceMetadata/Debug message which PCI device makes is different form EzUsb,USB device general the event message like the following picture when there is not metadata file,the sysytem would find Device which key is "VID_0547&PID_1002"

The PCI Device ETW message

The driver of them is developed by myself.Is the PCI metadata file makes by Microsoft or user?

Why the PCI Device do not find the "VID_XXX&PID_XXX" in metadata store following the way USB does?

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:26 AM
  • Adam,

We have not published information for this scenario yet.

Best Wishes - Eric 

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:29 AM
  • 微软后期会推出支持PCI设备Metro风格的开发吗?谢谢你的回复!

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:34 AM
  • Adam,

Thanks for your question.  We have not published information for this scenario yet.

Best Wishes - Eric 

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:10 PM
  • Thank you for your patient!
    Thursday, August 09, 2012 3:34 AM
  • You are very welcome!
    Thursday, August 09, 2012 5:42 AM
  • 请问下微软现在考虑支持用户开发PCI设备了吗?

Thursday, December 06, 2012 2:25 AM