none
MDT OSDCOMPUTERNAME Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, I need some help.

I have managed to get our deployment share to function the way that I want it too specially when it comes to naming the computers automatically as part of the customsettings.ini part.  The environment is mainly lenovo workstations and I managed to get the OSDCOMPUTERNAME to give me the results and apply them in this form;

(Type [L0 or W0 if its laptop or dekstop])(Version [T450] or [X230])(Serial Number)

this is great except that we have models that show less characters then the one above for the version they are left with blank spaces.  I want to configure the type to add a 0 or take a 0 depending on the version that is displayed.  So if the version is T450 the Type stays at L0 but if the version is X1, I need the version to be L000X1.  If this can be done in the customsettings.ini file that would be great.  If a script is needed, I would need an example of this because I know most of the scripts being worked on in this environment are VBS scripts and I am not too familiar with VBScript.

Thank you in advance.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:27 PM

All replies