silverlight does not work RRS feed

• Question

• I'm on mac and silverlight doesn't work anymore on Chrome . The navigator tells me to install it even if I already have it

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 8:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Google Chrome, since version 39 is 64 bits only on Mac and plugins have to be 64 bits too.

On Mac, Silverlight is 32 bits only. 

You could try other browsers.

Besides, you could also try to uninsatll and reinstall your silverlight plugin.

There also might be some corupted silverlight component on your machine. please try to clean the corrupted Silverlight installation :

For more information, please try to refer to the link below: 
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2608523/en-us 

Best Regards,

Qimin Ding

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Jonny_D Thursday, March 26, 2015 2:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jonny_D Thursday, March 26, 2015 2:08 AM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Google Chrome, since version 39 is 64 bits only on Mac and plugins have to be 64 bits too.

On Mac, Silverlight is 32 bits only. 

You could try other browsers.

Besides, you could also try to uninsatll and reinstall your silverlight plugin.

There also might be some corupted silverlight component on your machine. please try to clean the corrupted Silverlight installation :

For more information, please try to refer to the link below: 
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2608523/en-us 

Best Regards,

Qimin Ding

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Jonny_D Thursday, March 26, 2015 2:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jonny_D Thursday, March 26, 2015 2:08 AM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 7:23 AM
  • I don't use mac but I know someone who happens to use sky or something.

His mac has whatever the most recent OS version is on it and he says silverlight doesn't work in chrome.

Use firefox or safari.

Hope that helps.
    Recent Technet articles: Property List Editing; Dynamic XAML

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:13 AM