How to re-install provisioned package?

Question

•   

Hi,

I have installed an app using the command  

Add-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath C:\Temp\ABC\XYZ\***.appxbundle -SkipLicense

Due to some reason I uninstalled the app by using the method 

- On the Start screen, swipe down on or right-click the app you want to uninstall, tap or click Uninstall, and then tap or click Uninstall.

Then I tried to re-install it via the PowerShell with the same argument (Add-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath C:\Temp\ABC\XYZ\***.appxbundle -SkipLicense). 

I got the following result:

Path           :

Online         : True

Restart Needed : False

But: there is no icon nor tile present after this action!

I searched my installed apps on the laptop, but the application is not present!

Not in my application list and also not when I try the Windows search. And it's not listed in my installed applications in the "add & remove programs" section. 

How can i get the app installed once again? Any ideas?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 4:36 AM

Answers

• Hi VDNS,

Not sure if you are post question on the correct forum, I would like suggest you to try post question at TechNet Windows 8 Client forum for a better support, both on the uninstall the app also on installation of the package: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=w8itprogeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Thanks for your understanding.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, February 15, 2015 1:23 AM

All replies

• How to Uninstall Preloaded Apps From Windows 8 and 8.1

"Note: If you are trying to uninstall preloaded app from usual options, then please stop because the app is removed temporarily but it goes to a staged condition and when you will create a new user account on Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 then the app will be installed again automatically.

To completely remove or uninstall preloaded apps, you will have to login as Administrator of your Windows Account and then you need to remove the apps from two places:
    • First, you will have to remove the provisioned package.
    • Second, you have to remove the “installed” package from the administrator account."

I don't believe you removed the AppXProvisionedPackage. I believe, for your user, only the app you "removed" is no longer available to your user from what the quoted information above says. How to add that one app back for your user I've no idea. Supposedly if you add a new user to the system that app will become available to the new user and maybe to your user also.

A ProvisionedPackage seems to me to be a package of applications. Not a single application.

La vida loca

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:01 AM
  • I have removed the provisioned package using the command Remove-AppXProvisionedPackage.

I want to know how I can re-install it once again?

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:12 AM
  • Hi VDNS,

Not sure if you are post question on the correct forum, I would like suggest you to try post question at TechNet Windows 8 Client forum for a better support, both on the uninstall the app also on installation of the package: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=w8itprogeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Thanks for your understanding.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, February 15, 2015 1:23 AM