Can Mobile Web form be hosted on normal ASP.NEt 2.0 servers? RRS feed

• Question

• User1662842023 posted

HI all forum viewers

I developed a mobile web application. In one page there are many forms.

I tried to host it on a free hosting ASP.NET 2.0 server. But i get error in response to request of URL

Should there be a special server to host ASP.NET mobile web forms/pages?

Thanks for all your contribution
     Musafiir

Thursday, May 1, 2008 5:41 AM

All replies

• User214117797 posted

I developed a mobile web application. In one page there are many forms.

I tried to host it on a free hosting ASP.NET 2.0 server. But i get error in response to request of URL

Should there be a special server to host ASP.NET mobile web forms/pages?

What version of .NET did you use to develop the mobile website?

When i tried developed a couple of mobile web apps using .NET 2.0, i had many problems trying to host it as well, and I resorted to using .NET 1.1 instead. Sorry this is not much help, but try posting the actual error you are getting. 

Thursday, May 1, 2008 6:06 AM
  • User1662842023 posted

Thanks for your reply Jimmy

Am using ASP.NET 2.0 for the mobile web pages development. The error is "Service Unavailable". I think its the server.

I just tested it on another ASP.NET 2.0 free hosting server, it works.

What i conclude, ASP.NET 2.0 mobile web pages can be hosted on ordinary ASP.NET 2.0 server. 

Thursday, May 1, 2008 8:01 AM
  • User1702362727 posted

I'm currently looking for a site that would offer free hosting service with my asp.net 2.0 mobile program and sql server 2005 database..May I ask where did you able to have a free hosting service? I'm just building a wap site for a school project, so for me to pay for a hosting service is not quite practical..

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:58 AM
  • Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:08 AM
  • User1662842023 posted

It does offer .Net mobile web form hosting for developer but no support for MS SQL.

I was using AspSpider for the hosting  but it no longer provide FREE service.

i made a search but it is very rare to find the MS SQL server offered for developer. 

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 3:30 AM
  • User1634317999 posted

Hello,

you are well shot of getting any answer to such a question in a professional ASP.NET forum.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:00 AM