SharePoint Survey To be displayed as cumulative results in main page. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to customize my survey results. Say I get 10 responses in my survey.

Now I want to sum all 10 responses and show it on the main page.

I can use designer but I do not want to use visual studio.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Kapil Gosain

Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:20 PM

Answers

• Using the Data View Web Part (DVWP) in SharePoint Designer (SPD) you can easily summarize your survey results (or other lists).  This article on nothingbutsharepoint.com demonstrates some functionality of using the DVWP along with a survey list.  This should be a good starting place in understanding the DVWP along with SharePoint surveys.

Cheers,

Stu

• Proposed as answer by UllasSJoshi Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, June 27, 2011 1:58 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:13 PM

All replies

• Using the Data View Web Part (DVWP) in SharePoint Designer (SPD) you can easily summarize your survey results (or other lists).  This article on nothingbutsharepoint.com demonstrates some functionality of using the DVWP along with a survey list.  This should be a good starting place in understanding the DVWP along with SharePoint surveys.

Cheers,

Stu

• Proposed as answer by UllasSJoshi Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, June 27, 2011 1:58 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:13 PM
  • Hi Kapil Gosain,

Thanks to share your post!

It is possible to display all responses of a survey on the main page.  You can use SharePoint Controls Data View in SharePoint Designer. Please try as the following steps:

1.       Open your site using SharePoint Designer and then open your main page;

2.       Insert Date View Controls into any Web Part Zoo;

3.       Click your survey list in the Data Source Library and then click show date;

4.       Choose the all questions of your survey and drag them into the DateFormWebPart which you have added before;

5.       Save these changes.

If you have any question, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:11 AM
  • Hi,

This is very useful, I have new requirement sharepoint 2010 survey list custom reports.

I need to sum number of users feed back calculation also with each user the total answer also.

Kindly send me any link for this concept.

Thanks

g.Sukumar

Sunday, August 4, 2013 7:50 AM