none
Visual Studio build with a dll file cause bugs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When i build my project a directory is created named "fr" (in the bin/Debug directory) because i set the property language to "Francais" in the past, now the property is set to Default but the directory continue to be created when i build my project.

I tried to delete it but it continue to be created, it causes some bugs because the dll file in "fr" is an older version of my project.

Thanks for your answers

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Schoefolt Guillaume,

Thank you for reply.

According to your gif, I have reproduced this issue in my side. 

Please delete the form.[xx].resx in project branch, then clean and rebuild your project

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, July 19, 2019 9:51 AM

All replies

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, did the project generated in old path though the output path has been modified as default?

If so, please right-click the project in solution explorer -> unpload it -> edit the project file, then check whether the output path is correct

And if I misunderstand it, could you please provide us with more information about:

# Which kind of project do you create?

# Which version of Visual Studio do you use?

# If possible, could you share some screenshots about project properties with us so that we could help you solve this issue better?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:06 AM
  • Hello,

thanks for your answer,

the outputs paths has doesn't been modified, they are the same as yours.

I'm creating an application just for me to learn C# and Visual Studio. I am using Visual Studio 2017.

When i build my project the first time i change something, it build a directory named "fr" and the dll file in it cause some problems with my project.

Example : 

When i build my project after i changed something it looks like this :

https://gyazo.com/c77bfe0448758b573b946f9d713bf897

You see on the right, the panel is not all the size of the form because it was when i select the language "Francais" a day ago.

But if a delete the directory "fr" and launch it (So it doesn't rebuild / recompile) the form look like this (the actual version of it) :

https://gyazo.com/765b0bf1e33b3e890c63a46bb82a903f

Thank you for your answer.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:38 PM

Thank you for reply.

Did you refer some individual dlls for your project? 

If so, please re-add the dll as reference, or set "Copy Local"(reference properties) to false

If not, please right-click project -> Clean -> Rebuild

If the this issue persists, could please share a sample using onedrive to help us reproduce it?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Dylan  

Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:18 AM
  • Hello,

thank you for your answer,

In my project the only dll i add is Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel and it wasn't manually, it was with Visual Studio. 

The property "Copy Local" is already set to false.

When i try to Clean the project and rebuild it, it is the same problem that appears. If i want the actual version of my project i have to manually delete the directory "fr" in bin\Debug\ and to restart the project so it doesn't compile again.

So i made a gif to show you what i did before the bug appears :

https://gyazo.com/122f477c3e1460b77972199236baf13e

After that i set the Language to "Default" and the bug appears, it continue to create a directory named "fr".

Thank you for your answer

Thursday, July 18, 2019 12:52 PM

Thank you for reply.

According to your gif, I have reproduced this issue in my side. 

Please delete the form.[xx].resx in project branch, then clean and rebuild your project

Best Regards,

Dylan

Friday, July 19, 2019 9:51 AM
  • Hello, 

thank you for your answer it worked.

Have a good day 

Friday, July 19, 2019 12:51 PM