none
One null, all null RRS feed

• Question

• I have a query made up of multiple queries. If one of the query results is null than they all come back null. If they all have results, than the numbers all come back correct.  How do I fix this?  I have a report that is created from the query results.

• Edited by julz500 Wednesday, December 28, 2016 3:57 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 3:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sounds like you may be "propagating" nulls. If so, try using the Nz() function in your queries.

Hope it helps...

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 4:02 PM
  • You probably have to change the properties of the joins (left mouse button on the join) between the queries on which your query is build.

Jan

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:56 PM
  • I tried using the NZ function on the single query and couldn't get it to work there either.  Good thought. 
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:00 PM
  • I tried using the NZ function on the single query and couldn't get it to work there either.  Good thought. 

Can show us exactly what you tried? Thanks.
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:13 PM
  • Hi julz500,

From your description I can understand that you have issue with null values.

but you did not post your query.

without your query we are not able to give proper suggestion to you.

when you post the question on the forum then try to describe the issue with as much as possible details.

so community members can understand the problem correctly.

I suggest you to post your query here so that we can try to look your query and try to provide you suggestion to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:33 AM