How uninstall my own forms from printserver per command ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed with my printer driver installation some own printer forms. How can I unistall them by command like printui.dll for installed printer drivers ?

I want to use this for an automatic uninstall process of an driver uninstaller application.  If there no function like printui.dll, how can I to this in c++ ?

Best regarts

hubiB

WinCE Forum

Thursday, September 15, 2016 9:26 AM

Answers

• Hi hubiB,

Did you add your form using AddForm function? If yes, you could use DeleteForm function to remove the form which is not needed.

To remove the form manually, you could try following steps.

1. Open Print Management.

2. In the left pane, click Print Servers, click the applicable print server, right-click Forms, and then click Manage Forms.

3. In the Printer Server Properties dialog box, do the following:

a. To create a new form, select an existing form, select the Create a new form check box, change the printer measurement units, paper size, and printer area margins as needed, click Save Form, and then click OK.

b. To delete a form, select the form, click Delete, and then click OK.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 3, 2016 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hi HubiB,

Thank you for your post.

>>"I want to use this for an automatic uninstall process of an driver uninstaller application.  If there no function like printui.dll, how can I to this in c++ ?"

I depend on which technology did you use for installing these printer forms? Did you use ClickOnce or Windows Installer?

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, September 16, 2016 9:46 AM
  • Hi Li,

Thank you for your reply.

About your question:

I use my own script with Inno Installer and I had write my own c++ application for installing and uninstalling v3 printer drivers. But my issue is that I can't remove my installed forms from print server. I can't find any documentation about this.  For uninstalling driver there are vb prnmngr script or printui.dll. For uninstalling  forms ?  Do you know a technic how I can to this ?

Best regards

hubiB

WinCE Forum

Friday, September 16, 2016 10:31 AM
  • Hi hubiB,

Did you add your form using AddForm function? If yes, you could use DeleteForm function to remove the form which is not needed.

To remove the form manually, you could try following steps.

1. Open Print Management.

2. In the left pane, click Print Servers, click the applicable print server, right-click Forms, and then click Manage Forms.

3. In the Printer Server Properties dialog box, do the following:

a. To create a new form, select an existing form, select the Create a new form check box, change the printer measurement units, paper size, and printer area margins as needed, click Save Form, and then click OK.

b. To delete a form, select the form, click Delete, and then click OK.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

Monday, October 3, 2016 8:00 AM
  • Hi Li,

to delete Forms I don't want to this manually like your description. I want to do this in the back ground by a script after uninstalling my printer driver.

Is there no possibility to call the Print Management application hidden to delete Forms  from a command line ?

Best regards

hubiB

WinCE Forum

Monday, October 10, 2016 10:11 AM