Subreport RRS feed

• Question

• User-797751191 posted

Hi

I have 2 subreport . 

In Report Header (a)

In Report Header(b)

in first subreport i have Page header(a) & Page Header(b) . When individually run Page Header are appearing in all pages , but in subreport Page Header is printed only on first page.

Thanks

Thursday, March 12, 2020 2:01 PM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

Although I haven't used Crystal Reports in years, although it sounds like this might be the expected behavior based on this comment I came across:

Sub reports don't actually have page headers.

The pagination is controlled by the parent report, and the child doesn't have any knowledge of it. When a new page is reached, the page header from the parent (main) report will actually print, if I'm not mistaken.

If you have a look at your sub report, (even the on demand sub reports work this way) you'll see that they do not even have a page headder section.

I haven't used on demand sub reports very much, so I can't really provide a good workaround. Maybe try putting your header information in the group header in the sub report? Or if you're working inside an application can you make a call to another sub report? (personally, I use hyperlinks to call my other reports, but I have an application hosting my report files)

Thursday, April 2, 2020 4:47 AM