Page alert delay timer?? Help Needed RRS feed

• Question

• User256288913 posted

Hello, I am new to asp.net and seeking some input.

I am trying to add a delay to a alert that is displayed when a system see high usage (#of processes), but have had no success.  My question is how would I do this?  The goal is to have the alert display only if the system usage is still high after XX amount of minutes since initially reporting the high usage.

So alert is raised, but would not display unless the system continues high usage for a duration of XX minutes.

Any help/information is appreciated.

Thursday, November 22, 2018 7:15 PM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Seems you want to keep a list of alerts with the date/time of the first occurrence. It would be reset or deleted if the high cpu condition is gone on a later check. If still high and xx minutes elapsed then you would signal the high cpu condition.

Not sure if related to core features in your app but this kind of things should be rather handled by OS level tool such as "perfmon" (should allow that) or additional tools such as "debugdiag" (it can take a dump of an IIS process on a high CPU condition). You may want to check a Windows admin forum first. For now using ASP.NET for that doesn't seems a really good solution...

Thursday, November 22, 2018 8:08 PM
  • User256288913 posted

Noted, thanks and I will look into perfmon etc.

Thursday, November 22, 2018 8:34 PM
  • Friday, November 23, 2018 3:48 PM