Stream Analytics Template Documentation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm attempting to script the deployment of our Stream Analytics Jobs.  I am using a Stream Analytics Job Project in Visual Studio that was created from Exporting a existing job, via the Server Explorer Panel.   I've used the Microsoft.Azure.StreamAnalytics.CICD tool to generate the ARM Template and Parameters file, but upon inspection the templates created do not contain all the outputs.  We use a number of egress to Azure Functions outputs and all of them are missing.  After assuming the tool was out of date (given the relatively recent release of the "Azure functions" egress) I attempted to manually create the outputs, unfortunately I can't find the documentation for these anywhere.  As there is no "Azure Function" outputs included in this documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/templates/microsoft.streamanalytics/streamingjobs/outputs) I'm wondering if this is possible.

Can anyone tell me;

1. Whether I'm trying to achieve something that is not (yet) supported?

2. Assuming it is possible, what the format of the Azure Function output ARM template section should look like?

Cheers,

Karl

Monday, April 16, 2018 4:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Karl,

The latest Stream Analytics tools (2.3.3000.*) released in March includes the support for Azure Function as output. You can find the latest tools for VS 2015 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54630. For VS 2017, just click the 'Notisfication' buttion on the top right of Visual Studio and you should be able to see the update notification. Please let me know if it works for you. 

We are also looking into the issue with exporting existing job and then use the CICD package. Will circle back with you once we have some findings. 

Thanks,

Jie

Monday, April 16, 2018 7:02 AM
  • First, please confirm the version of VS tools, you should use the latest release version, so we can export Azure functions to generate your ASA project.

Second,Which Microsoft.Azure.StreamAnalytics.CICD version are you using ?  The latest version is 1.2.0,  Azure function egress was supported a month ago, so  if you want to support Azure function, the version should be above 1.1.0.

Monday, April 16, 2018 4:42 PM