unsupported device - empty TextBox won't submit RRS feed

• Question

• User-664106533 posted

Hi,

I have a mobile asp.net form with a TextBox. Users with devices (phones) which are not on the supported list cannot submit the form leaving the TextBox empyt. The device will show a message saying the user needs to enter something in the TextBox and won't allow submitting otherwise. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Have anyone the same problem, and better, the solution. <o:p></o:p>

Regards, Peter

Monday, May 16, 2005 4:07 AM

All replies

• User-95607119 posted

Some devices just doesn't allow to submit empty fields. I've seen this kind of behaviour on some devices. It is not common, but somehow tou need to manage uers with this kind of devices too.

Can't remember exactly what was the trick.... Try to evaluate optional fields by yourself assigning space as field value by example. When processing submitted values on server side you can easily check if field is left empty by user or not. Just trim the field value and see if it is empty string or not.

Monday, May 16, 2005 2:06 PM
  • User-95607119 posted

Some devices just doesn't allow to submit empty fields. I've seen this kind of behaviour on some devices. It is not common, but somehow tou need to manage uers with this kind of devices too.

Cant remember exactly what was the trick.... Try to evaluate optional fields by yourself assigning space as field value by example. When processing submitted values on server side you can easily check if field is left empty by user or not. Just trim the field value and see if it is empty string or not.

Monday, May 16, 2005 2:06 PM
  • User-664106533 posted

that's an idea. thanks.

otherwise, it has to do something with what the device receives - some kind of client code or bad wml. it was happening no my phone before it was supported, but know it works just fine.

regards, Peter

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 1:36 AM