none
Failure to compile the Agent Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to compile the Agent Desktop I get the following error:

"The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging.Logging' threw an exception."

there are more error messages in the debugger.

localize.DESKTOP_ERR_FATAL_ERROR "A possibly fatal error has occurred.  The application may now exit." 

localize.DESKTOP_ERR_FATAL_UNABLE_LOG "An error has occurred.  The user login or database settings may be incorrect or the database may not be reachable."

localize.DESKTOP_ERR_UNABLE_CONNECT_SQL "Unable to connect to SQL database."

localize.DESKTOP_IIS_ERROR "Failed to connect to the web server.  Please verify that you can connect to the web server."

"An error has occurred.  The user login or database settings may be incorrect or the database may not be reachable." 

The machine I have attempted the compilation on, is the web server and the database server for the CCF setup. 

Any advice on where to start looking for the problem would be highly appreciated.

Friday, December 21, 2007 12:41 PM

All replies

• If you are still having this issue,

What version of CCF?

Thursday, December 27, 2007 2:40 PM
  • I first used CCF 2.6.1 and when I got this problem I used CCF 2008 but I still got the same messages. Perhaps something is wrong with my setup.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I would appreciate any help to resolve the problem.

Thursday, January 3, 2008 6:53 AM
  • Ok,
    95% of the time when this error crops up it indicates that you have a Security configuration issue with the CCF Configuration service talking to the SQL Database. 
    Can you post your install configuration?  Is it all installed on one machine? What OS is the server?
    What does your AD Configuration look like?

Matt B

Thursday, January 3, 2008 3:02 PM
  • The machine runs Win2003 SP1 and the CCF SQL and IIS servers are installed on it. The CCF domain consists of a Domain Controller, the server mentioned above and two windows XP machines. If it makes any difference all the machines are VPCs.  The Active Directory is configured following the instructions on the CCF Installation document meaning users, user groups and privileges. Where can I find the install configuration you mentioned? 

Thank you in advance

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 10:46 AM
  • Are you able to open the admin console?

- Matt B
    Wednesday, January 9, 2008 8:29 PM
  • the admin console opens normally after connecting.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:08 AM
  • All right,
    Ok so you have an security issue between the Client and server..   what that means is that you are running into an issue with AD / Digest auth.. Your getting though IIS security and hanging up on WCF Security.

Have you run the Http Config commands on the server to register the Host name you are using?

Matt B.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 3:52 PM
  •  

If you mean setting the service principal names using the setspn commands, the answer is yes. I used the setspn -L ASPUSER command on the domain controller and I think everything is OK because I get:

Registered ServicePrincipalNames for CN=ASPUSER,CN=Users,DC=CCF,DC=demo:

HTTP/CCFServer.ccf.demo
    HTTP/CCFServer 

CCFServer is the name of the IIS, SQL server for the CCF setup.

If I got this mistakenly please let me know.

Friday, January 11, 2008 9:36 AM
  •  

Hi Dimpa,

Let me start by first telling you that these errors mentioned are all run time and not compile time. Furthermore the errors have nothing to do with the either the setp or the version of CCF.

A few checks that could be made to solve these are as follows

a)If you have installed the CCF2.6 version then the default set up when installed installs two different kinds of web.config files on the <CCFIIS>< machine, namely a web.config and web.config.local. The web.config.local is the actual web.config that contains the providers for performing CCF tasks. So please rename the web.config.local to web.config and the original web.config to wen.config.old or whatever . More often that not the problems with Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging error is solved using this as it could not be initialized

b) Secondly,please go to Admin Console->Settings->Configurations and check whether the providers/listeners are all pointing to the correct ip address of the <CCFIIS> machine .

c) If this check is successful try running the web services (contactcenter and contactcenterAIF) via a browser giving the machine name or the ip whichever has been used by you in the settings

d) Also check whether the app.config of agentdekstop has the correct ip addresses

e) Also check the web services that have been referenced in the agent desktop solution and check whether they are pointing to the correct <CCFIIS> machine

Please let me know if there is still an issue regarding running CCF

Regards

Nikhil

Monday, January 14, 2008 12:41 PM
  • I followed your instructions to the letter but I still get the same runtime exception. The ccfiis server responds to pings and any ccf web service works using ccfiis as the web server name in the URL.

Any other ideas where to look?

Dimpa 

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:18 PM
  • Hi DImpa,

I would like you to do one last thing.

Please go to inetmgr from start > run > inetmgr and open all the web services virtual directoris. Please make sure that all the bin folders have the following files to initiate logging

Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging.dll

Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging.Providers.dll

Also lease check f your web.config as the following sections

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
     <configSections>
      <sectionGroup name="Microsoft.Ccf">
       <!-- Logging Listeners -->
       <section name="Common.Listeners" type="Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Listeners.Configuration.ListenerConfigurationHandler, Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Listeners"/>
      </sectionGroup>
     </configSections>
     <Microsoft.Ccf>
      <Common.Listeners>
       <listeners>
        <add name="LoggingLogFile" type="Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging.Providers.LoggingLogFile, Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging.Providers" logfile="C:\CCFServer.log" appname="Customer Care Framework"/>
       </listeners>
      </Common.Listeners>
     </Microsoft.Ccf>

If it is also mak sure whether rights have been provided to everyone for read, write to C:

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:21 AM