Error 0x80eb0110 when trying to connect to Websocket Server

Question

• I'm geting this error code when trying to connect to a websocket server. Client is on a VM with bridged networking. Server is on the physical machine that hosts the VM. The same cliient cann connect just fine from a separate physical machine. The same VM can connect to the same service when it is not on the host box. All other connectivity between VM and thee host box is fine.

What does this error code stand for. Google is mum on the subject. So it looks like it is something new to Windows 8.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:48 AM

Answers

• I was getting same error (0x80eb0110) while connecting to service on the local network. It seems you need to modify network setting in package.appmenifest file. Go to capabilities tab and enable Home/Work Network.

Thanks,

Anurag

Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hello Ghostrider-13,

What is the exact error message you get from error 0x80eb0110? Is it a certificate error?

Check the event viewer logs to see if they give a better description or source for this error when attempting to connect to the Websocket Server.

Please provide an update on your issue.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 1:54 AM
  • I was getting same error (0x80eb0110) while connecting to service on the local network. It seems you need to modify network setting in package.appmenifest file. Go to capabilities tab and enable Home/Work Network.

Thanks,

Anurag

Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:55 PM